Sunday, July 15, 2007

So long, far well, to our Canadain friends...



The Lord did us a HUGE favour by bringing out some really terrific folks to help kick start our Kiwi journey. Kelly and Jen (& Mateo) and Jason and Chelsey have been a wonderful source of encouragement to us these past 6 months. Did I just say 6 months… wow time is going fast!
Over the course of the next two days these friends will be boarding planes and heading back to Canada. The Nichol 5 will all greatly miss them. Their presence here has often lifted our hearts, their encouraging words have blown wind in our sails, their fun loving ways have kept things light hearted, their shoulders have helped in making the load lighter and their prayers and support are ongoing and sweet as honey to us. Like I said, God has shown us favour in allowing us to get started with such a great team of people around us.
Thanks brothers and sisters for being here, connecting with all of us and just generally being FANTASTIC!
I already miss you and the next couple of days of good byes are going to be sad ones. Thanks for the memories and the many blessings you have brought to our New Zealand world. I look forward to reconnecting with you some day in the hopefully near future!
God is Good All the Time.

3 comments:

Nan said...

Too bad your friends are leaving and WOW! Kenz is becoming a babe!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they were there for you! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

Merry Chrismas Kevin, Cheryl, Paige, Denae, & MacKenzie,

I am at Grandma Houston's in Ardrossan (Yvonne is at home but I will be with her Chrismas Eve); anyways, my Mom (mum?? -per cheryl hehe) was telling us that there was an Earthquake in the area so I went on and read up on it. I wonder what it felt like although I am not sure I would want to know anyways.

It is great to see all the pictures. I hope your Christmas is wonderful and look forward to seeing the commercial sometime (maybe I can download it?).

Kevin, I miss talking/hanging out; life is different -- you are missed.

Christmas Blessings to all of You's!
Shayn