Monday, January 07, 2008

Restless

I recently watched a young woman as she told me a tragic tale of love gone astray. Her voice quivered, her legs jumped up and down and up and down at the knees as she worked out her saga of woe in the chair across from me. She shifted often in her seat, like she was nervous to be taking about something so close to her heart but having nobody else to trust she figured she might as well spill her heart and soul to me. She was restless; wondering if it was all going to work out ok!
I've been feeling kind of restless as of late too. Can’t put a finger on it just yet as to why or even why now at this moment but it is a restless feeling. Almost like when you know you are supposed to be doing something but you can’t remember what it was you were supposed to be doing! Restless.
As far as I know the only thing I have ever found that helped relieve this uneasy feeling is to read the word of God and to pray and one of my favorite things is to sit outside at night and look at the stars. They are magnificent! And somehow they relax my soul, put my heart at ease and calm my restless spirit. The heavens declare the WOW of God and shout his praise. Somehow, I get lost in that and when I emerge out the other side... restless has been replaced with resting. My God has everything in his mighty care, including me!
God is Good All the Time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd check out your blog - just in case - are here you are!! It's good to hear from you!! I like the stars, too, along with mountains, sunrises/sunsets - so many things exclaimed GOD!!! The peace that comes from a small glimpse of His majesty is like fresh air in a fish market - desperately needed and wholly satisfying! :)