Monday, August 14, 2006

Last Day Journey into New Zealand


Today we left mid morning and headed out to visit John's sister and brother in law. The drive was spectacular and it seemed as though around each corner it grew even more so. This is quite the diverse little country. It is green like Ireland but the hills are more "hiller" and the Coastal mountains rise up in the back drop and are beautiful. The rich volcanic soil makes pretty much everything grow. There are lots of different coloured birds and many dairy cattle and sheep farms dotting the country side. There was too much scenery to catch while driving in a car so I didn't snap a lot of pictures. However, I did get to pick a fresh orange off of a tree and eat it. Now that was a real treat. This evening I plan on relaxing, packing up my things and getting ready for the long trip home tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM. I leave Tuesday morning at 7:00 and I arrive in Vancouver at 7:00 Tuesday morning. I have had a wonderful experience here but I am looking forward to getting home to be with the family. Thanks for reading along and catching up on all that I have been up to here and for your prayers that the Lord would show us the way and he has been doing just that. Good on ya mate!

3 comments:

Nan said...

Have a safe trip back home. I sent you an e card for your birthday but it came back.
Love, mom

Shuana said...

Welcome back to Canada!

Unknown said...

thanks mom and Shuana. The trip home is soooooooooooooo long but it is good to be back.