Tuesday, April 26, 2005

finally making the move to blogging

well, i guess i have finally decided to stop writing in my journal and start blogging instead. My entries were getting fewer and fewer anyway so I thought this might spice up my weak at best efforts to keep a watchful eye on my life.
I am now entering my final week of a two month off period. My church decided after my blood pressure went through the roof and my left eye went mostly blind to give me at least a couple of months off for R & R and recovery. My laser surgery went well, and i am now back to 20/20 vision in my left eye. And by BP is stable with medication and the work of lossing wieght is slow but definatly happening. I think I worked it out to about a half pound per week on average. Yesterday I attended emmanual assembly in westbank, where the guest speaker never showed so the pastor gave one from his heart. It was really good. I was challenged to consider my level of investment into the kingdom of God in my marriage, my ministry and my gifts, time and talents.
The rest of the day was most enjoyable with lunch with my brother and sister in law, who returned from Africa missions trip bearing gifts. I got an imitation CK watch which is really nice and a little carved elephant which was cool. In the evening we went out with some friends and saw The Interpreter. I enjoyed it, it had a pretty decent story. The best line in the movie was near the end when the "bad guy" was forced at gun point to read from a book he had written many years ago. "The human voice can be heard above the guns, a whisper above the noise of an army." I enjoyed my last sunday off very much.

1 comment:

Shuana said...

I am shocked about this! I'm sorry you are experiencing health problems, and so glad that you are able to take off the weight, and get you eye fixed.

Take good care of you, Bro!