Sunday, October 16, 2005

One thing I learned today...

Hi everybody. I'm at the holiday Inn in down town Vancouver and I'm attending a chaplains conference here and I thought I would just journal key thoughts that I learn from the sessions in the day classes.
So today it was refreshing to hear the difference between a pastor/preacher/intercessor vs. The ministry of a Chaplain. It is meant to be a role that is mostly about presence. Just being there for those who are experiencing trouble through some sort of trauma. The firefighters, their spouses and their kids are the priority of our chaplaincy duties. Sort of like Pre-evangelism type ministries. Just being there for them can speak volumes about your faith. And when the time is right they will invite you into their lives and at that time and only at that time you can move towards a pastor, preacher, intercessor type role for them.

This fits so well with my overall philosophy of life. I found myself feeling encouraged that there are others with the same kind of thinking as I have.

God is good.
talk to you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Shuana said...

Good blog, but I got hung up on the "hotel in Vancouver" part. I LOVE Vancouver...what a great place to be learning this stuff...lucky you!