Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Sabbath

Sabbath. A good healthy and soulful practice that takes the pressure off, allows for moments of despair without rushing past them after all we are only human! It is good for the entire body, soul, mind and emotions. I love my day off. No church people! Nobody but family if that's what I choose. I don't have to answer any questions, I don't have to answer any phones, I don't have to check emails, I don't need to leave my haven of rest here in the house.
Sabbath was created by God for our sanity just as much as our sanctification. It is meant to be a time to unwind and recoup. I love it and after this past week I really needed it.
Thank you Lord for Sabbath.
God is Good All the Time!

4 comments:

Shuana said...

Maybe it's time for a Sabbatical? Maybe you'd like to dip your toes into that ocean of knowledge again?

Angela said...

I don't work full-time, but I look forward to my days off. Trouble is that my days off aren't truly days off...there's too many other responsibilities needing my attention. But, we all need time to rest and pull away just enough to regain sanity.

Cheryl said...

Kevin would love to DIVE into the ocean of knowledge!!!

Nan said...

I hear you on a Sabbath. I love Sundays because the pace is slow and relaxing. Mostly that is a good thing especially during basketball season when my Saturdays can be pretty hectic.