Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Secret Chocolate Cake Story

This is for Shuana who has not heard my secret chocolate cake story. More than likely she was preoccupied with getting married to some guy named Rick something or other. As the story goes... My roommate and I lived in a little cultisack while staying in Quezon City Manila Philippines. We eventually made friends with the neighbors who were the owners of the only Bus lines (worth mentioning anyway) on the main Island. They were very wealthy and they loved to party and basically about once a month they would make any excuse to have a real big bash. On this particular weekend they had decided to celebrate the 9th month birthday of their sons youngest child. By then we had become pretty good friends, playing basketball until the wee hours of the morning and we got an invitation to the fiesta and what a feast it was! Complete with dog meat, humogous prawns, giant crabs, frogs legs, shark fins, sticky rice, regular rice, noodles and of course coagulated pigs blood with special spices mixed in for dipping what ever you wanted to dip. We finished off the evening with biut(baby duck pickled and still inside the shell) and chocolate cake with ice cream. Well needless to say the chocolate cake was the most moist and delicious cake I had had for quite some time and so I had a couple of massive pieces. The Filipinos loved it, they were laughing at my enormous appetite and seemed far to eager for me to eat more chocolate cake. At the time I just assumed it was a quirky thing between big white guys and little brown guys and that was all there was to it. WRONG! When I went to bed and fell asleep, my body felt like I was sinking deep down into the bed. My dreams were wild and all of them were in fast motion. When I woke up my sheets were on the floor and my mouth felt like it had been filled with cotton balls the night before and I sucked on them all night. I also felt really disoriented not to mention completely exhausted. When I explained to my x-drug dealing roomie what I felt like he left the house in a flash and marched directly over to the neighbors house. When he came back he told me his suspicions had been confirmed. They had laced the chocolate cake with a large amount of pot. That was the source of the big joke when I helped myself to a second massive piece of chocolate cake that night. They all seemed to be in on the joke and so stayed away from the cake. I never ate their cake again. That is the first and only time I have ever been high and I slept right through it! And that folks is my secret chocolate cake story.

4 comments:

Shuana said...

I am at a loss for words....sputter, sputter... I can't believe they would do that to you...I would be furious!!!!! Makes a good story though (this appeals to the irish in me.)

Unknown said...

love it (no chocolate cake though ok haha!:>

Nan said...

Wow! I guess the old adage 'what you don't know can't hurt you' just got blown out of the water. Not a very funny joke to play on someone in my opinion. That much pot could have caused some damage.

Shuana said...

could have? ;>