Friday, August 19, 2005

40 Million Dollar Babies

I am just guessing but I think I am pretty close in my estimation. Today I saw about 200 million dollars. That's $200,000,000.00! While I must admit I was taken in like all the others who saw it, I did have some questions about it afterwards. I mean lets face it, it certainly isn't every day that one gets a glimpse of that much money in one place at one time. There was not to much security either so this cash could get up and walk away if it wanted too! That much money could do a lot of good in our world. It could feed a small nation for quite a while, it could go along way towards helping AIDS victims, orphans, homeless folks could be housed, starving folks could be feed, uneducated folks could be educated, those who need simple life saving medicines could be supplied with those medicines and on and on the list could go. However, this money was more than likely not going to be used for these noble and humanitarian purposes. NO this money was strictly for entertainment purposes. Ya, that's right, 40 guys desperately in need of a rest being watched by thousands of people desperately needing exercise! Anyway, enough with the preachy stuff, on with the story. Mackenzie and I went into Kelowna today to watch the Canadian National Hockey Team practice. Yes we saw Gretzky and whole bunch of others like, Bertuzzi, Morrison, St. Louis, Gagna, Peca, Bourdour, Yzerman, and a whole lot more. While I was in my glory Mackenzie patiently waited and took a few pictures of the event for mementos. I enjoyed myself until it dawned on me just how much money was skating around the arena. I had just watched about forty, 20 to 40 year old men, chase a black piece of rubber around on some ice. Forty million dollar babies entertained me today... GO CANADA GO!

9 comments:

Shuana said...

Where did all that money come from? All the people who ascribe greatness, power, and strength to the NHL by throwing their money at it. Sorry, I'm not a sports fan! Preach all you like bro!!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

shhh.....don't tell Dallas & Colan you aren't a sports fan :-)

Shuana said...

They know all about my point of view. Sports are great for teaching group work skills etc. but as soon as fame and money become the point..it loses me. I'm not really into the whole professional sports thing, but Dallas has it all worked out (he thinks). He plans to help the poor and live normal. Well, if he makes it, I guess that will be tested.

Shuana said...

I'm going to change my profile pic now because the little girl in the pic doesn't look as opinionated as me. hahaha

Shuana said...

There, now I'm getting some virtual exercise!

Nan said...

Very interesting blog. You should really be syndicated!!!

Unknown said...

is that like a being surrounded by little bald men and short stout women in white overcoats trying to keep me in a whitejacket?

Nan said...

Where did that guy come from? syndicated columnists are very well paid!! Think of that.

Shuana said...

If you go into your blog settings and into the comments settings there is an option for word verification. This prevents advertisements in your comments. The other thing you can do in basic settings is to select "no" for add your blog to our listings. This means people can't find your blog if they don't know your address.