Sunday, August 07, 2005

HOT HOT HOT

Yesterday I did a wedding rehearsal at 6:30 PM and it was still 31 outside. While we were standing there rehearsing suddenly the guys started jumping up and down. Upon investigation we all had red ants crawling up our legs, I even had them crawling up my shorts. It was quite hilarious. But today I did the wedding in 34 degree weather in a suit and tie! To be sure I didn't get a serious burn I smothered myself in goopy sunscreen before heading out to do the wedding. About mid way through the ceremony the sweat that had been gathering in my bushy eyebrows suddenly broke the dam and began to flow into my eyes. I was instantly struck with blindness and a serious amount of sting from the lotion. I had to stop the wedding, take a Kleenex from the maid of honor and wipe my eyes several time before the stinging finally left and my vision returned. Needless to say it was a good laugh and a fun break in the action. Fortunately, the mother of the groom had come out early with a bottle of raid to keep those bothersome little red bodied biting ants at bay! (say that five times fast) It is nice to sit here and blog in my air conditioned house!!! Tootles

4 comments:

Shuana said...

31 degrees here in Regina today as well. But, we didn't have to wear a suit and tie. Ouch on the sunscreen in eyes--vivid picture of streams of sweat breaking free of white hairy brow dam, flowing freely into stinging eyes, causing sweat and tears to gather together and flow down cheeks. Wish I could have seen it.

Nan said...

Moan, moan. It was SUPPOSED to be 25 here today but alas once again we were dominated by drizzle and clouds though it was warm.

Unknown said...

ya, that chris he's so hot right now :}

Nan said...

Hot schmot!! Get on another topic will ya???