Thursday, August 11, 2005

43rd

Mom yesterday I golfed one of the nicest courses in the Okanogan. A place called the harvest if you go to http://www.harvestgolf.com/ you can check it out. Bruce, paid for me as a birthday gift and we were joined by Phil Callaway and his son Steve. Phil is an author of several great and humorous books and the editor of servant magazine out of Prairie Bible Institute. He is such a fun guy, we laughed a ton and baked our buns off. I shot a 95 in the 36 degree weather!!! I thought of you a quite a few times. There were a couple of times when I was thinking of packing it in it was so hot, I know you would have loved it. Today was great. Cheryl's old boss had given here a gift certificate to a fantastic and expensive restaurant in Peachland so she saved it for today. We were joined by Bruce and Niki for a great conversation filled lunch. Then tonight we took in a double feature and relaxed and munched on popcorn and chocolate covered almonds. 43 years and I am feeling fantastic. I've been meditating on Isaiah 66 the past few days and was reminded of what kind of man I want and need to be. Isa 66:2 "This is the one I esteem:he who is humble and contrite in spirit,and trembles at my word." So I took it as my birthday theme. If you think to you can join me in this prayer. Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone they were greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Nan said...

Glad you had a memorable birthday. I was hoping we would have an early harvest and be able to come down there in Sept. but the cool weather has slowed down the ripening of the crops so it's not likely. I do so want to watch Paiger play soccer.

Cheryl said...

Paige's soccer finals are Oct. 15 & 16, so if you are done maybe you can make it then. Hope the weather smartens up for you!

Shuana said...

I hope it's okay if I comment on a blog to mom. Glad you had a "fun" day. "Fun" is relative. I think a day of golf would be misery. The dining out sounds great though!