Wednesday, May 04, 2005

First day in the office

Wow what a day! I didn't even unpack my case when someone came in who was down because of a business deal that went sour. Then after he left, I had a staff meeting and found out my administrators wedding is off, after that a homeless man came in and talked for about an hour, then I went home for lunch. I got back just in time to talk to the wife of a friend who is dying from cancer and is not doing so well, followed by a phone call to a man whose wife was unfaithful to him for the second time and their relationship was done and finally, to end if all off, a good friend who I have been warning over and over again not to sleep with his girlfriend finally got her pregnant. That was my first day back in the office. Death, unfaithfulness, sin, sexual immorality, unexpected pregnancy and homelessness and broken dreams. My wife just sighed, laughed and said "welcome back to work pastor."

No comments: