Wednesday, May 18, 2005

We lost a good one last night

Last night at 10:30 my friend Brad breathed his last breath here on planet earth. He was surrounded by loved ones, his wife, kids, brothers, and his mom. He had a pretty good day and in the evening sat up in bed but before long had slipped into a coma and shortly thereafter he was gone. Brad was a really great fellow and he will be greatly missed by those of us he has left behind. Thanks for the memories Brad.
Yesterday morning I had to walk down town to get the keys to my vehicle from my wife. On the way there I was struck by the absolute beauty of the area I live. My mind went to Brad, whose job it was to make our little town look great. At that moment I heard the Holy Spirit whisper to me that I should seek the Lord to forgive Brad's sins. I don't fully understand this prayer and it did seem a little odd to me but I did it anyway. He then told me to pray that He would speak to Brad in his mind while he lay there basically unable to speak. He comforted me that He would walk Brad through this "valley of the shadow of the death". It was a terrific moment in prayer and it is especially precious to me now that Brad is gone on. I was going to tell him this experience today when I was going to visit him. But instead I shared it with his family and they felt great comfort from it.
Thanks God for those sweet sweet moments yesterday morning. They have brought me great comfort as well.
We lost a good one last night!

No comments: