Sunday, May 01, 2005

so it comes to an end in two hours

Yes, my 2 month leave of absence comes to an end at midnight tonight. The past two months have been so worth it. I didn't think I needed them at the beginning but now I know that the Lords hand was in this and I have been sooooo blessed. 3 weeks with my folks, 10 days with my auntie and uncle who in their words were here to "strengthen our hands". 6 delightful books, well, 5 delightful books and one that was at best so-so ( Wild at Heart in case you were wondering). I've been so blessed by the authors, I've been mentored, I've been refreshed, I've been awakened, and I've been in prayer, confession, silence, soul journaling, mediations, and of course some good ole fashioned time with my wife and kids. I would highly recommend this to any pastor, in any church. It takes a bit of prep, some permission from those who love you and the blessing of your church and you are away. I have loved each minute, I am sad it is coming to a close but I am also ready and raring to go. I need to think through how I want to respond to our fellowship and fill them in on how much I have benefited from this time off.
Blessings

No comments: