Monday, May 09, 2005

Preaching the Word

Oh did it feel good to break open the word of God to our fellowship today after two whole months of not preaching it. We started off with a mothers day pancake breakfast fundraiser for our youth. It was awesome but it just seem to take forever for the service to start. Eventually I did get to it and I had a tremendous amount of fun as we explored the excellencies of God's wonder-filled word. We continued on from our series in James by picking up on James 4:1-3. I started a four part series on The Art Of Prayerful Living.
Following the service I had coffee with an old friend whose wife has had a long history of being unfaithful to him and this last one was the last straw. While I was sad for my friend, he seemed in a pretty good place and I was very grateful for my awesome wife and our terrific relationship. The girls and I took her out for mothers day meal in Summerland and it was great fun. All in all it has been a terrific day of ministry. Thank you Lord and it sure is good to be back in the saddle again.

No comments: