Friday, June 24, 2005

Full day

Tonight we played our last ball game of the season for Mackenzie's team. We got to end on a victory note so that was nice and our party is next week Thursday night. All in all it was a terrific season and I had a lot of fun coaching the kids and working with their parents. A good group of people all around. I had a pretty full day only touching down in my office for about 15 minutes late in the afternoon. The rest of the day was spent with people. Walking, talking, coffeeing, and doing life together. One of my co-mentor groups I belong to is working its way through a book I would highly recommend to all of you. It is called The Power of Full Engagement. It really is one of the best books I have read for practical steps to fully engage life in all its aspects. Physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. By following some of its ideals 3 of the 5 other pastors have found significant changes to their energy levels. Pretty cool.

5 comments:

Shuana said...

No time to read Kevin. What are principles-please summarize. :)

Nan said...

Aaahhh, the satisfaction of winding up a season of coaching. Win or lose, building positive things into the lives of young people is a special privilege. When I think of how many coaches screw it up by yelling at and putting down their players I cringe.

Cheryl said...

fyi...the wind up party is Tuesday night! If you go Thursday you will be all by yourself! :-)

Shuana said...

Sounds like you all have a lot of moxie in the area of coaching.

Shuana said...

"Odd Man Out" One who, because of STRANGENESS of behavior or belief, stands alone in or out from a group.

Interesting!