Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Gone fishing

Took our empty water bottles to my friends house this morning. Tony the water guy was there to meet me in his house coat. We made the exchange of empty ones for full water jugs then started yaking. He was on the opposite ball team yesterday so we reminisced over the game and re-lived the fun moments and the plays that stood out in our minds. I ended up going in for a cup of freshly ground coffee and more horse tales. During our chat he kept looking at his watch. As it turns out he was scheduled to go fishing with his brother. However, his brother ended up calling him from his vehicle and he was 1/2 way to the lake they had planned to go to. Tony was not one bit impressed and some good old fashioned brotherly "love" was exercised! It is true brothers are born for adversity! Anyway, because he was geared up to go fishing he decided to go down to Okanogan lake and put his boat in and go fishing. One of his customers who works downtown told him she sees big fish jumping all the time about 1000 feet off the shore. I quickly returned home, grabbed my fishing gear, hustled down to the Sears depot to get a fishing license and met Tony at the boat launch. Two and a half hours of sunshine, shooting the breeze, chomping on spitz and dragging the lines. I was the only one who had some action, 2 big bits and caught one 15"Rainbow Trout. We had a great time. I would have stayed out longer but I had scheduled a lunch date with Danae and had to hustle off to pick her up from school. We also had a great time together. When I told her about my adventure with Tony she was immediately making plans to invite a friend, take me and Tony out on the lake and do a little fishing of her own. That sounds good to me. Nice start to a day off.

No comments: