Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend Report

Well I finally have some time to sit and work on writing down some thoughts from the weekend. It has been a few days since my last blog. Friday morning as usual I mentor about 5 other guys and this one was especially rewarding. Friday afternoon was a go at the local lynx with our "retiring" District Superintendent Brian Thom. We had a beautiful afternoon and really enjoyed ourselves. It will more than likely be my last game with Brian at least in his current role. I will miss our golf games.
Saturday, after making everyone a bacon, eggs and hashbrown breakfast it was off to coach soccer for Paige's team. We won 3-0 and played the best game I have seen them play to date. Our paigey had so many chances but just couldn't put the ball in the net! She is so close to chalking one up so hopefully next game she pop a couple in. The game was followed up by a mini family reunion of Cheryl's cousins. We were going to have a picnic but got rained out so we went to East Side Mario's for supper. Fantastic meal and what a busy place. This morning was an excellent church experience, followed by a nice relaxing afternoon and then at 5 I went to play ball. Paige and Danae brought a couple of friends out to watch the game and Cheryl also decided to join them so I had a cheering section. We won our game and then decided to head over to the team captains house for an after game party. They are the proud owners of two bull dogs. Those dogs were definitely the show of the party. Each waddling around snorting like pigs eating what ever happened to fall to the ground. Very funny. I have made such good friends by being involved in our local fire department. It was a fitting finish to a great weekend to hang out with these bunch of crazy guys. As I write this my whole family has slipped into bed and are starting to drift off to sleep. I have been blessed with such a good and enjoyable life. I am very gratefully.