Wednesday, June 29, 2005

New Faith

New faith. I cannot think of anything more exhilarating than new, fresh, faith. Today, was a trip to the house of 3 new believers. A widow and her two teenage children. A family that just buried their father not more than 5 weeks ago. But through the whole event, they have thrown themselves upon the "God who is near" and they are so excited about what they are learning and experiencing. The 16 year old son said, "we should have church every two days. It is what keeps me going, it makes me excited and fills me with great hope." His 18 year old sister said that she is totally amazed that God hears her prayers and that he is answering them and the prayers of her family in such an amazing ways. "It is unmistakably God and I feel sorry for those who have to go though this without him?" The mother said she was over to visit a friend who doesn't believe in God yet. She was shocked to see her friend, who had lost her husband over 3 years ago, still grieving deeply and was basically at the same place. "The difference is hope, she said, we have so much hope!" Her friend believes in annihilation and it was obvious it had basically held her captive in a dungeon of grief. I left them about an hour after I arrived and I felt rejuvenate from a visit that normally would have left me pretty drained. At one point in the conversation (over a mean cup of coffee shuana) they had so many excellent questions about faith and God. It was absolute fun for me to lead them in a simple bible study and to watch their eyes light up as they began to see the truth revealed to them by the Holy Spirit. I love new faith.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Me too. It's like the simple enthusiasm of little kids about everything new and exciting.

Shuana said...

New Faith and coffee. Sounds like a great time.